There’s been a lot of chatter in the news recently about travel—particularly about delays at the airport and with Canadian and American airlines alike. While these can be challenging times, there are things you can do to be better prepared.
- Pack light (I am a fan of only packing a carry on- it can really help you expedite the time you spend in the airport, departing and arriving).
- Ensure your carry on liquids are properly packed.
- If possible, check in online the day before.
- Download your airline’s app and allow for push notifications so you can be updated on any schedule changes.
- Make sure that all your passport and personal information is readily available.
- Get to the airport as early as possible.
- Use self-serve kiosks if available.
Also, the federal government still requires use of the ArriveCAN app for travellers returning to Canada. Be sure to download it, and upload your information to it prior to travelling to speed up your return.
If you’re travelling soon, rest assured I am watching for any changes to your flight schedules. If you have any questions about your upcoming trips, please email me!